While celebrating Mass in Malmo on a visit to Sweden this week, Pope Francis suggested six beatitudes for the modern Christian:
- Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others and forgive them from their heart.
- “Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized and show them their closeness.
- “Blessed are those who see God in every person and strive to make others also discover him.
- “Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home.
- “Blessed are those who renounce their own comfort in order to help others
- “Blessed are those who pray and work for full communion between Christians.”(source Americamagazine.com)
“Knock, And He’ll open the door
Vanish, And He’ll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He’ll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He’ll turn you into everything.”
“Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the self-same well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s oven?……
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”
Social Media Prayer
Christ has no online presence but yours
No blog, no Facebook page but yours,
Yours are the tweets through which love touches the world,
Yours are the posts through which the Gospel is shared,
Yours are the updates through which hope is revealed.
Christ has no online presence but yours.
Do you want to join a relaxed and friendly choir?
Do you play an instrument?
We sing once a month at the 11am Sunday Mass so that’s not too big a time commitment!
We are looking for enthusiastic child and adult members for our choir – why not join as a parent and child team!
If interested or want to know more, phone Joanne on 01-453 4408 (10am-5pm)
Liturgy Committee meeting 7.30pm Thursday November 10th – House of Retreat
Sunday November 27th- Monthly cup of tea after 11am Mass